WE Transport understands that keeping our valued employees and valued customers up to date on the latest developments and new COVID-19 protocols is important so that we get the right information out to everyone.
WE Transport is pleased to report that Transit workers — including school bus drivers, bus attendants, and mechanics — have recently been added to the New York State approved vaccination list of covered workers under the Phase 1B distribution plan.
Getting the vaccine is voluntary and not a condition of employment however we do encourage all of our employees to consider getting vaccinated to help reduce the spread of the virus and protect their families, coworkers, and student riders.
WE Transport and the Union have been working together to coordinate efforts so that our employees have the most up to date information on how to get vaccinated. Below are important contact numbers and a list of documents that you will need for eligibility.
What To Do Before Receiving The Vaccination
Prior to receiving the vaccination, you must complete the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form. This form can be completed online, after which you will receive a submission ID, or you can fill out the form at your vaccination site.
Individuals being vaccinated must bring proof of eligibility to the vaccination site. This may include an employee ID card, a letter from an employer or affiliated organization, or a pay stub, depending on the specific priority status. Call volume is heavy so please be patient when calling for an appointment.
Where To Get Vaccinated
There are many locations in Nassau and Suffolk Counties where you can receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Contact information and links for these established vaccination sites are listed below for your convenience.
Regional Hub Vaccine Call Center: (844) 919-8222
- Nassau County Vaccine Site: (516) 227-9570
- Nassau University Medical Center: 2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow, NY 11554 (516)-296-4844
- Garden City (Nassau Community College)
- Oceanside (South Nassau Hospital)
- Hewlett (1332 Peninsula Blvd.)
- Lake Success (1111 Marcus Ave.)
- Syosset (8 Greenfield Rd. and 103 Jackson Ave).
- Westbury (141 Garden St.)
Suffolk County Department of Health: (631) 853-6311 or 311 if calling from Suffolk County
- Amityville (S. Oaks Hospital, 400 Sunrise Hwy)
- Brentwood (Suffolk Community College, 1001 Crooked Hill Rd.)
- Central Islip (Fairfield Properties Ball Bark, 3 Court Dr).
- Huntington (241 East Main St.)
- Riverhead (Peconic Bay Medical Center, 4 West 2nd St. & 1842 Old Country Rd.)
For more information on New York State's phased distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the NYS COVID-19 website.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these difficult times. Please stay safe and visit this blog regularly for future updates.